Since its inception over 60 years ago, Providence Hebrew Day School has upheld its commitment to the principle that each Jewish child, regardless of his or her family’s financial situation, is entitled to a Jewish education. To that end, the school does not discriminate against those who are of limited financial means and, indeed, it is with tremendous pride that we can say that in six decades, no child has ever been turned away for financial reasons. Many of our students receive some form of financial aid through our Scholarship Fund. The Providence Jewish community, as well as the Jewish community in general, is invited to share in the support of this wonderful and worthy institution. By doing so, you are truly making a difference in a child’s life.
Providence Hebrew Day School is committed to admitting any student regardless of financial ability. The school contracts the application for financial aid through FACTS, a professional company that reviews the detailed financial records of the applicant and recommends a final tuition fee. The scholarship committee is headed by a person from outside the Orthodox community in order to offer maximum confidentiality. The committee makes the final decision regarding financial aid and issues a school contract. Parents may appeal the decision of the committee if they feel that certain information may have been overlooked.
The school is most grateful to the Governor of the State of RI and to its elected officials for sponsoring and passing a legislative bill that allows many corporations to donate their Rhode Island tax liability to a SGO – Scholarship Granting Organization. Providence Hebrew Day School and Jewish Community Day School have formed a joint SGO and we are the recipients of these funds which are allocated to provide scholarships for qualifying families in Kindergarten through Grade 12.
As you are aware, the school has selected FACTS Tuition Management Systems as the vendor for financial aid applications and for collection of all tuition and fees for the upcoming school year. Please be aware of the following guidelines that are mandatory for all parents.
- The school does not accept any postdated checks or credit card payments for tuition. You must either choose to pay your account in full by August 1 or establish a FACTS account. FACTS handles all payments using a direct debit method. The company is fully bonded and insured and does not have any access to your checking or savings accounts other than to auto-deduct your monthly tuition payment. The application form from FACTS describes the process in greater detail.
- There is a $25 fee to apply for financial aid and a $38 fee for establishing your Facts payment account.
- You may track your account online 24 hours a day.
- You may choose either the 5th of the month or the 20th of the month as the date when your payment is drawn from your checking account. All payments must be completed by June 5, 2014.
- You may choose to make your monthly payment by credit card; however, you will be charged a 2.5% convenience fee.
- Parents have the following options for paying their tuition fees for the upcoming school year. Please select one payment option:
- I will be sending in the full balance of my tuition payment before August 1.
- Please have the school use my financial data from last year and auto enroll me for the 2014-15 school year with FACTS.
- I will be using the FACTS Tuition Management System. I have signed up online for FACTS at https://ecashierk12.factstuition.com/ using PHDS/NEAT’s Institution ID of 08863, and PIN number of 02906. FACTS will be deducting the tuition